Vice President, Marketing
Vice President, Marketing
Location: Remote (US)
Network to Code bridges the gap between DevOps and Network Engineering. We are a pioneer in the network automation industry. Our mission is to drastically change the way networks are managed, consumed, and operated on a day-to-day basis. We offer a variety of professional and consulting services as well as training on Network Automation, DevOps for Networking, and how the network can be operated with an Infrastructure as Code mindset. Our services and solutions enable clients to better serve their business and the needs of their customers.
Network to Code (NTC) is seeking a highly experienced leader with the experience and capability to lead and direct Network to Code’s Marketing organization. The Vice President of Marketing is a key leadership role responsible for developing and executing marketing strategies that drive overall growth at NTC. Reporting to the Founder, the VP of Marketing will be a critical member of our leadership team, working closely with other executives to define and execute the company’s overall strategy. The ideal candidate will be a data-driven leader who can create and implement demand generation and business development strategies across multiple channels, manage a growing team, and collaborate with cross-functional teams and 3rd parties to achieve business objectives. They should be a strategic thinker with a deep understanding of the latest marketing trends, technologies, and best practices on industry-leading marketing campaigns.
A day in the life
- Develop an understanding not only of the network automation and NetDevOps technology landscape, but also unique industry-specific challenges, customer requirements, and expectations.
- Set the vision and direction for NTC marketing efforts, identifying opportunities for growth, and developing and executing marketing plans that align with company goals including all aspects of marketing including Brand/Content/Social, Demand Generation and Customer Acquisition, Digital/Website, External Communications (PR/AR/IR), Technical Marketing, and Events & Field Marketing.
- Work closely with the sales, services, and product teams to ensure that marketing campaigns reflect reality and are driving revenue growth.
- Lead the development, communication, and implementation of the overall marketing strategy ensuring that NTC has proper messaging for all users and personas of NTC software and services inclusive of executives, directors architects, and engineers.
- The VP Marketing should have a high degree of comfort and experience working within a small and growing team and be comfortable rolling up their sleeves to get the job done. This team is a startup within a startup organization where operational effectiveness, revenue generation, profitability, disruptive technology, thought leadership, and customer wins are primary attributes in moving the company forward.
- Develop and lead a high performance team capable of building and executing marketing campaigns targeting large Global Enterprises
- Manage the demand generation and business development team and own accountability of overall direction, execution, while staying on budget, hitting key milestones, and ensuring high customer traction and adoption.
- Partner with Sales to develop, implement, and monitor marketing campaigns to meet the short-term and long-term business objectives.
- Define and track valuable data driven metrics to which the marketing team can be held accountable including, etc.
- Maintain competitive information and develop strategies and tactical plans to counter competitive threats; track market dynamics including initiatives of major players, and economic trends affecting spend.
- Oversee the hiring and development of staff required to execute on the Marketing vision.
- Identify and mentor top performers and work closely with People Ops (HR) to remove underperformers.
- Manage all marketing infrastructure and lead-gen tools and reporting, e.g. HubSpot, Google Analytics, website tools and integrations, and ensure proper integrations with CRM
What you bring
- Strong background of showcasing results with an emphasis on demand generation and business development strategy and execution.
- Demonstrated success at a lean and frugal startup and can showcase their ability to roll their sleeves up and get the job done.
- Preferred experience with understanding, engaging, and working directly with open source communities.
- A set of personal characteristics which include intelligence, strong executive presence, a can-do attitude, collaborative, high energy, and a value system which focuses on delivering quality and instilling organizational and personal commitment to excellence.
- Demonstrated understanding of market development strategies and customer decision-making processes with a proven track record in successfully building brand recognition and market awareness.
- Experience in complex, highly dynamic environments
What you have
- Strong leadership qualities and at least 10+ years of demonstrated Marketing Leadership within an Enterprise technology or SaaS organization.
- Desire to understand our prospects and customers.
- Strong drive and work ethic.
- Strategic and analytic capabilities to match day-to-day hands-on work.
- A strong sense of personal integrity and professional ethics.
- Exceptional relationship-building skills demonstrated by the ability to grow and nurture relationships with internal stakeholders.
- A personality with a high level of self-motivation and initiative, with an intense focus on results.
- A personality that thrives on challenge. Superb business judgment and ability to think through complex business issues.
- A strong leadership profile coupled with outstanding verbal and written communications.
Our workplace at Network to Code is innovative, fast, and exciting. We build solution stacks that are rooted in the latest open-source technologies and enable our clients to get more work done better, faster, and cheaper than ever before. No wonder Gartner named us a Cool Enterprise Networking Vendor in 2020!
Our teams are humbly led by some of the most recognized names in the network automation community. We continue to give back to the community through blogs, industry events and open-source software contributions. Although we’re located throughout the world, we use technology to maintain close peer relationships with regular virtual team events and happy hours.
We believe people are our most valuable resource at Network to Code. Our culture is rooted in collaboration, community, and forward thinking. We are passionately committed to leading and shaping the future of network automation; and as we continue to grow rapidly, we’re always on the lookout for talented, innovative people to join our team!
Network to Code is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Network to Code does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.SUBMIT RESUME
Contact Us to Learn More
Share details about yourself & someone from our team will reach out to you ASAP!