Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering
Location: Remote (US or EU)
Network to Code bridges the gap between DevOps and Network Engineering. We are a pioneer in the network automation industry. Our mission is to drastically change the way networks are managed, consumed, and operated on a day-to-day basis. We offer a variety of professional and consulting services as well as training on Network Automation, DevOps for Networking, and how the network can be operated with an Infrastructure as Code mindset. Our services and solutions enable clients to better serve their business and the needs of their customers.
Network to Code (NTC) is seeking an experienced Engineering Director with proven success and capabilities to lead and direct our NTC Product Engineering organization. This critical role is responsible for the strategic development of the full Nautobot portfolio that continues to gain adoption at a rapid rate. The portfolio includes Nautobot Cloud, our newly released commercial SaaS offering, the Nautobot Core project, Nautobot Apps, and Platform & Release Engineering for Nautobot. This position reports directly to our CTO and Founder, and will partner with other leaders to ensure that our products and open source software are meeting the needs of the community, stakeholders, and our customers to drive tangible growth for the company.
A day in the life
- Ensure our commercial offering, Nautobot Cloud (SaaS), is built to scale, stable, and meets the needs of the Product Management team while increasing customer value, driving revenue growth, and accelerating adoption of Nautobot.
- Ownership of overall internal and external open source development standards, quality of products and governance unifying NTC overall engineering strategy.
- Grow and lead a high performance organization consisting of multiple engineering teams capable of building and maintaining industry-leading open source network automation projects.
- Ensure there is the required communications and processes between the Product Engineering and Support/Operations organizations.
- Create and improve methodologies, best practices, processes, and policies that are expected within a software organization.
- Accountable for the overall engineering execution, while staying on budget, hitting key milestones, and ensuring high customer traction and adoption.
- Research target markets evolving our clients’ product development strategies and deliver improved customer experience.
- Participate in the sales process for large or complex projects.
- Act as a customer sponsor of key customer relationships.
- Define and track valuable data driven engineering metrics so that engineering managers and team members can be held accountable resulting in increased adoption of NTC software by the community and our customers, revenue, higher gross margins, and increased customer satisfaction.
What you bring
- High degree of comfort and experience thriving in startup organizations where operational effectiveness, revenue generation, profitability, disruptive technology thought leadership, and customer wins are primary attributes in moving a company forward.
- Ability to inspire engineering teams to work collaboratively toward a shared vision, while providing ongoing mentoring, coaching and development opportunities.
- Passion for customer experience and success throughout their automation journey.
- Knowledge of our target customers’ needs, expectations, and challenges.
- Honesty and empathy to those around you on a daily basis.
- A focused and solution oriented approach necessary to see projects through to completion.
- Confidence and decisiveness in moving the ball forward while being flexible and open.
- Ability to be transparent in your communications with the entire company on progress of new initiatives, customer success stories, engineering organization highlights, and areas for improvement.
- Ability to quickly gain an understanding of the network automation and NetDevOps technology landscape and identify unique industry-specific challenges, customer requirements, and expectations.
- Proven ability to perform in a consultative, collaborative manner and engender trust and cooperation from colleagues and stakeholders.
- A strategic thinker who understands key industry trends and issues and can drive execution of the strategies; rapidly identifies key issues in a complex situation; exceptional skill to organize, work, and set priorities.
What you have
- 10+ years of engineering leadership experience.
- The individual we seek will be a broad-based software engineering leader with strategic insight and proven, in-depth experience in leading a software engineering organization with both open source and SaaS experience. They will be recognized for their approach that is transparent and open, which will allow them to adapt to the rapidly changing technology landscape.
- The Director of Engineering will have exceptional/proven leadership ability and a strong background of showcasing results with an emphasis on community, open source, and products and services around open source with a SaaS-delivery model.
- The ideal Director of Engineering will possess a strong combination of the following experiences and attributes:
- Demonstrated success at a lean and frugal startup or within a startup team that oversaw the launch of new software and new SaaS offerings.
- Demonstrated experience with understanding, engaging, and working directly with open source communities.
- Strong experience using Agile development methodologies
- Experience managing backend, frontend, and distributed application development teams.
- Familiarity with Python/Django and React frameworks.
- Strong DevOps and Infrastructure as Code background including Git, CI/CD, Ansible/Terraform, Docker, etc.
- Strong understanding of AWS Cloud Infrastructure.
- Familiarity with Kubernetes and cloud-native architectures
Our workplace at Network to Code is innovative, fast, and exciting. We build solution stacks that are rooted in the latest open-source technologies and enable our clients to get more work done better, faster, and cheaper than ever before. No wonder Gartner named us a Cool Enterprise Networking Vendor in 2020!
Our teams are humbly led by some of the most recognized names in the network automation community. We continue to give back to the community through blogs, industry events and open-source software contributions. Although we’re located throughout the world, we use technology to maintain close peer relationships with regular virtual team events and happy hours.
We believe people are our most valuable resource at Network to Code. Our culture is rooted in collaboration, community, and forward thinking. We are passionately committed to leading and shaping the future of network automation; and as we continue to grow rapidly, we’re always on the lookout for talented, innovative people to join our team!
Network to Code is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Network to Code does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.SUBMIT RESUME
Contact Us to Learn More
Share details about yourself & someone from our team will reach out to you ASAP!